Friday, September 4, 2009

Greeting Cards and ACEOS and Iris Folding...


Greeting Card

Greeting Card


Greeting Card



Aceo


Aceo


Dragonfly Aceo

The thing about Iris Folding for me is how calming it is. It reminds me quilting in a way. I have never even quilted myself. Quilting used to be a way to socialize with friends and family. It was kind of a Girls Night Out. Well, Iris Folding is like that for me.

I join a group of friends almost every week and we do Iris Folding. There are usually six of us. We have a wonderful time selecting just the right papers, oooooowing and aaaaeing over each other's choices, talking, laughing and eating. It is a ball. I feel serene when I am Iris Folding.

It brings me great joy and that is why I decided to share it with my friends at the Bounty thread. Sure enough quite a few friends started doing it too. And so the links of friendship keep growing.


Add Image

15 comments:

  1. I am so glad you introduced a lot of us to this wonderful art form! You totally summed up how I feel too. It must be so much fun to do it with others also. Your art posted about are all beautiful. I love the bird best (no surprise).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive. Is it just you or does everyone reach that sort of standard? Is there some magic involved, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dave...you are so sweet. :)

    Pam, Thanks. I know how much you love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo those are so cool! I really like them, and am especially fond of the moon. I think it's great how you and your friends get together to chat, create art together and with your iris folding. It reminds me of my grandma telling me about her bridge club or sewing club. You are truly blessed. I wish I had 6 friends that I could get together with. How fun! I think it is nourishing to the soul to gather with other women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Jaime....it is a blast. We do other things too like Bunco and Canasta and Scrapbooking and the number of girls ranges from 4 to 14 at any one event. I do feel blessed for my great friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, as always, Carole =) I love the bird, too - so sweet! What fun that you have a group of friends that get together - definitely a big blessing to share talent and creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! The bird is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carole, I second Pam in thanking you for introducing us to this art form, I love it and plan on doing much more of it. I too think it would be great fun to do with a group of friends. I think my favorites are the Moon and the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Thanks! I am doing the hardest one I have done yet, will post it later or tomorrow if it turns out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the greeting cards! They are so beautiful, I don't think I would be able to send anyone of them away :-)

    ReplyDelete