Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Is Selling for You at Etsy or Elsewhere?

Come on in and discuss what is working right for you and also what is not. Maybe we can help each other improve our sales.

I sold my Easter Paper Sack Album. It took over a year but it finally sold. In addition, I got a special order for another one. She requested a "Boy" theme. I am looking forward to getting started on that sometime today.

I also sold one of my little albums I made for Aceos. This falls in my "Aceo Accessory" category. Since I sold it, I made another one. It has not sold yet.

I sold two photographs. One was an aceo. I mounted the photo on card stock and included a hand painted border. It was photograph of a funny sign I found in Paris about handicap parking and written in French. I also sold this photo in an 5 by 7 size.

In addition, I sold an aceo photo of my cat, Digit...again mounted on card stock with a hand-painted edge.

This is what I have sold in the month of February and March. It is not a whole lot but I am pleased that things are selling.

On the side of things that are not doing so well are my little aceo stretched canvas pieces. I have not sold one of them yet. I don't know if it is because of the stretched canvas or because my art is just so so...LOL! Anyway, I am looking for honest opinions about whether or not you personally would ever purchase an aceo on a stretched canvas.

Here's to hoping that all of our sales blossom from a single beautiful rose here and there into a large bouquet for each of us. :)

2 comments:

  1. I like your little canvases - I think they are fun. I think sales just naturally slow down after the Christmas season. It seems to be steady, but at a slower pace. I am working on rewriting my shop information and several listings to sort of 'spruce up' my shop. I will also be listing some new things over the next few days. There have been some good Storque articles in my email over the last few days, too - good ideas for promoting.

    And sometime in the midst of all of this, I am going to get some sleep *laughs* Wow - a lot to keep up with, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming in, Kathleen. Be sure to come back, if you want, to share some of the specifics of your spruce up plan for your shop.

    I, too, often go in and change up my shop by perhaps changing around my categories, etc.

    The hardest thing for me to do is do decide on a price. Do you have a trick up your sleeve for that difficult process?

    ReplyDelete